Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sketch of the Day: Alley

When I told one of my closest and dearest friends that I planned to sketch scenes of Windsor, she was very skeptical. I assured her there there's plenty of beauty here, if you're looking for it. One of my favourite places to find it? Alleys. Most Windsor neighbourhoods have alleys running behind homes. They're not the same as the Medieval alleys that sometimes doubled as market places, but they're often home to surprising landscapes. In Walkerville, every alley has at least one lilac tree. Go on and check if you don't believe me! Usually they bloom in May. I took a photograph of this alley while taking my walk. Turning around, I took another where I could see the makings of a Tom Thompson knock-off. I just might paint that one one day. This particular sketch was done on request for another friend. So, here it is, friend: your sketch of buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment