Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sketch of the Day: Mulberry for Sketch Crawl 2012

 Today was much more hectic than I had planned, so I was only able to snatch a few minutes to run outside to do some sketching for the 35th International Sketch Crawl. Working with a new sketchbook, I took a few tools that I thought would work well with the paper. It was a chilly, early afternoon, but I was standing in the sun so it took awhile to feel the chill. I was so still that I started a sleek grey tabby cat who was starting its customary patrol of the neighbourhood. It came strolling around a corner and paused before cautiously sneaking by in front of me.

This is my first Sketch Crawl. I hope next year I'll be able to set aside the whole day! It was so relaxing.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get out. You won't have to wait a whole year, they plan them every few months. I will be sure to let you know when the next one is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise that. Wonderful! I did have some response on Facebook from people who are curious about the Sketch Crawls.

    ReplyDelete